Expressing its interest in preparation of qualified graduates and being aware of the importance of applied research in promoting energy sector development and creating an innovative environment, Latvenergo Group, in cooperation with the Latvian Academy of Sciences and higher educational institutions, regularly participates in various projects to promote science and education.
Facilitating development of science and education in the energy sector, the following tasks are being implemented:
- to promote young people’s interest in science-related subjects and engineering professions;
- to support young people’s excellence in the field of sciences;
- to improve the training materials for teachers;
- to support scientific work of researchers and teachers in the field of energy;
- to educate about energy efficiency issues.